Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week 11 - Concept Mapping

We're currently starting a unit on expository text patterns. Students will be able to identify these text patterns and use graphic organizers to write expository pieces in each of these patterns. I'd like to build this graphic organizer with my students as we move through the unit. Initially, I'd start with the "Expository Text Pattern" bubble. Each week, as I introduce the new pattern, I'd add the description and cue words. My visual learners may find this helpful to use to keep track of the wide variety of patterns that we'll be studying for the next few months. This will be a student-led activity. Although I'll be doing the typing at the computer, we will create this concept map together, as a class, and add to it each week. At the end of each week, I'll print a copy for the students to use as they begin writing using the new text pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment